Job no: 502664
Work type: Part Time Limited Tenure
Location: Western Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Join a friendly and supportive team
- Work alongside other professionals in playing a hands on role supporting young people
- innovative, dynamic and exciting program
- Part-time opportunity 4 days a week (2 days fixed term, 2 days parental leave replacement)
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
We are seeking an experienced case manager who has expertise working with Youth, CALD communities and families. This is a part-time, 4 days per week (30.4hrs), position until 31 December 2020 (with the possibility of extension). Note, 2 days of this role is parental leave replacement.
The primary goal of the position is to provide active case management support for young people 12-17years, who have disconnected from mainstream school, and their families in the Western Melbourne Area and assist their return to education.
This position is expected to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team, comprising of five case managers, an intake and assessment worker & the team leader.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Ability and experience in case management of young people, families and/or significant others in relation to school re-engagement. Knowledge of school environments and educational policy. Experience working with CALD young people and families is required.
- Ability to achieve positive outcomes by using a range of strategies in working with young people presenting with challenges such as: family issues, mental health, trauma, financial stress, AOD, intellectual disabilities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with government and non-government organisations, community groups and clients’ families/networks.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, and to contribute to program development, implementation and evaluation.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed position description: PD_Case Manager_Navigator_Fixed Term Pt_West_Nov 2019 (1).pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Sandra Inserra 0436003878
Applications close 20 November 2019
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend