Residential Youth Worker
Job no: 502691
Work type: Casual
Categories: Residential Services
- Join the state’s largest provider of OOHC services
- Work for a community focussed organisation with strong values and collaborative approach
- Morning, Afternoon and night shifts available 7 days per week
- 5 houses located in Bendigo
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower.
Anglicare Victoria are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care services and, with the support of a large network of passionate and dedicated staff, provide safe and nurturing homes to young people from a variety of backgrounds. We strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and rewarded, making Anglicare Victoria a great place to work.
The overall responsibility of the Residential Youth Worker is to work with a larger team to promote a consistent and considered approach to the provision of direct care to young people who reside in residential care, ensuring individual needs are met.
Day to Day Duties
The role of a residential youth worker is tremendously varied, involving everything from maintaining a household to providing complex and structure therapeutic intervention to support young people. You will also be expected to:
- Act as a role model, promoting independent living skills
- Provide day to day therapeutic support to young people with complex backgrounds
- Work as part of a team to ensure consistent care and supported approach
- Maintain a positive safe and healthy environment
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- A relevant tertiary qualification which is recognized under the Residential Care Workforce Training Initiative, and a willingness to undertake top up training to meet the qualification requirements of the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- Previous experience working with young people of all ages.
- Commitment to the principles and practice of quality care in residential settings for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged young people.
- The ability to work effectively with young people and to promote positive attributes and work towards planned change.
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to maintain best practice under challenging circumstances.
- The ability to work effectively with a team to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence, a Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
A detailed Position Description is available here: Position Description - Residential Youth Worker - Bendigo Region - Casual.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as detailed on the PD.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend