Key Worker Compass
Job no: 502783
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Western Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Full-time Limited Tenure
- Salary packaging is offered with this position
- Be part of Victoria’s largest Social Impact Bond
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
COMPASS is a partnership between Anglicare Victoria and VincentCare and is Victoria’s largest social impact bond and work towards achieving there outcome measures for young adults to achieve stable housing, have improved health and a reduction in offending behaviour. Working directly with young people who are leaving Out of Home Care and prepare them for a successful transition to adulthood so they can live the life they want.
As a skilled and passionate Youth Worker the roles aim is to set young people on a positive path to independence through establishing a strong relationship with young people, understanding their aspirations and work together to set and achieve their life goals. You will assist young people in attaining education, employment and training opportunities which will ensure they are working towards being financially self-sufficient. As a priority area you will be focussed on the outcome measures, reducing young peoples need to access emergency housing and emergency departments and committing crimes. You will also ensure that a holistic approach is taken to ensure young people are connected to their culture and community have access to training and employment opportunities.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, or related behavioral sciences at a degree or diploma level.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in providing support services and programs for young people who have been involved in statutory Out-Of-Home-Care system and/or corrective services.
- Demonstrated commitment to client-centred, culturally appropriate care and to delivering the best possible outcomes for young people.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing priorities, work proactively, as well as respond flexibly and collaboratively in order to deliver agreed program outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and create a workplace culture based on cooperation, teamwork and common pursuit of program outcomes.
- High level communication skills including computer literacy, written, oral and able to provide reports as required.
- Understanding of continuous learning and quality assurance principles.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description, PD_Key Worker_Compass_West_Nov 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Amanda Stacey on 0409421099.
Applications close 11 December 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend