Case Manager and Counsellor
Job no: 502816
Work type: Part Time
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- The role is classified as SCHADS Level 6 with salary packaging available
- Located at Anglicare offices at Bayswater and Dandenong.
- Ongoing part time position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The role will provide intake assessments, individual therapeutic counselling, and case management with men who use family violence and Co- facilitate Men’s Behaviour Change group programs for the purpose of supporting men to stop using family violence and to develop responsible and respectful relationships.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Welfare Studies or equivalent area or Graduate Certificate of Social Science (Male Family Violence) , with practical experience in working with Family Violence.
- Experience, in working with men who use violence.
- Group leadership skills and a sound knowledge of violence and abusive behaviours and its effect on family members as required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of the Children and Young Persons Act and the Department of Human Services - Protective Services
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description PD_Mens Family Violence Case Manager and Intake Worker_FV_East 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Jim Allen Program manager family Violence on 97354188
Applications close Friday the 18th December 2019 at 5:00 PM
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend