Job no: 502833
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Western Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Salary packaging is offered with this position
- Full Time – limited tenure until November 2020 based in Sunshine
- Pave the way for a fulfilling and focused career
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The position exists to provide a specialist case management service to young people who are considered to be at risk; they may be living in family based settings, independently or in home-based care placements.
The service aims to strengthen the resilience of young people who are subject to protective involvement by providing a specialised, outreach based case management service that includes family/placement support, educational support and personal development based programs.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with relevant experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialized skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Ability and preferable experience in case management and supervision of young people who are at risk with special needs.
- Ability to use a range of strategies in working with clients around individual and family issues such as abuse, family breakdown and family relationships.
- Knowledge of adolescent and children’s development processes for working with individuals and groups.
- Intervention skills in responding to the developmental needs of young people whom engage in high-risk behaviours and/or from conflictual families.
- Ability to contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of client case plans.
- Knowledge of relevant policies and legislative frameworks regarding the protective and correctional responsibilities for children and young people.
- Excellent written and oral communication, negotiation and liaison skills and the ability to work with government and non-government organisations, community groups and clients’ families/networks.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, and to contribute to program development, implementation and evaluation.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD ACMS secondment 14th Feb 2020 to 13th Nov 2020.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Victoria Kulyk on 03 9334 1202
Applications close: 11 December 2019
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend