Residential Youth Worker
Job no: 503237
Work type: Full Time, Part Time
Location: Southern Suburbs
Categories: Residential Services
- Range of permanent positions available with flexible shift patterns
- Permanent positions with guaranteed ongoing employment
- Base rate, shift penalties and NFP salary benefits
- Dandenong and Noble Park Locations
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
As part of the KEYS program, you will work within a broader team of staff and other key professionals to provide individually tailored therapeutic programs such as HEAL and ERIC, to help young people develop skills and a positive personal vision and future goals, all the while, ensuring that their wellbeing and safety is maintained.
We currently have a range of Permanent Positions offering guaranteed hours from 50 to 76 per fortnight.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- A relevant tertiary qualification which is recognized under the Residential Care Workforce Training Initiative, and a willingness to undertake top up training to meet the qualification requirements of the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- Previous experience working with young people of all ages.
- Commitment to the principles and practice of quality care in residential settings for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged young people.
- The ability to work effectively with young people and to promote positive attributes and work towards planned change.
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to maintain best practice under challenging circumstances.
- The ability to work effectively with a team to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence, a Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
A detailed Position Description is available here: Position Description - KEYS - Version 2.0.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application and will also have the opportunity to include a cover letter to support your application.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend