Job no: 503290
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure, Part Time Limited Tenure, Full Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Financial Counselling
- Specialist Bushfire Recovery Financial Counselling Program
- Various Full time or Part time hours available, 5 fixed term positions available
- Salary + NFP Salary Benefits as well as potential Relocation/Accommodation Assistance
- East Gippsland based working from a range of locations in bushfire affected communities
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. As well as a comprehensive suite of services across the Victoria, Anglicare Victoria are also recognised as one of the leading providers of Financial Counselling services in the state. Our passion, commitment to innovation and diversity as well as our dedication to our people and purpose, make Anglicare Victoria a great place to work.
We are currently seeking Financial Counsellors to join our new team set up to assist those affected by the catastrophic bushfires in the East Gippsland region as part of a specialist Bushfire Recovery Financial Counselling Program.
The program focuses on.
- Providing free, confidential and accessible information, casework, advocacy and consultation services to individuals and families affected by the bushfires.
- Providing community education programs, raising awareness of financial issues for individuals and communities affected by the bushfires
- Providing an outreach service out of community hubs, established by the government in some of East Gippsland’s worst affected communities.
To be eligible for this position you must hold a Diploma of Community Services – Financial Counselling and be eligible for membership to Financial Counselling Victoria.
We are also looking for those who present with:
- Sound communication skills and experience working with those impacted by significant trauma/disaster
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and information around financial issues, including sensitivity to issues of confidentiality, gender, cultural background, disability, age and sexuality
- The flexibility and adaptability to manage outreach services that may often involve overnight stays and temporary relocation to support affected communities.
The positions is paid at SCHADS Level 5 (Social Worker Class 2) and to further support successful applicants, Anglicare Victoria can also provide:
- Access to discounted private health insurance
- Access to EAP Support
- NFP Salary packaging of up to $15,900
- Technology and resources to support flexible working
- Training, Development and ongoing support
As this is a fixed term position, additional benefits may also be available to help support those who may be interested in the role but not live locally, such as:
- Relocation assistance
- Accommodation Allowances
- Support with LAFHA
For more information and to discuss your specific requirements, please contact Michelle Taranto on 03 5135 9555
A detailed Position Description is available here: PD - Financial Counsellor Bushfire Recovery.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application and will also have the opportunity to include a cover letter to support your application and address the Key Selection Criteria.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend