Job no: 503334
Work type: Part Time Limited Tenure
Location: Northern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Part-time, 30.4 hrs/week
- Located at our Preston office
- Limited tenure until 26 March 2021 (Parental Leave position)
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The role involves provision of an in-home family casework service that works in partnership with families with the aim of improving children’s wellbeing, parenting capacity and family functioning.
The work involves taking steps to reduce risks to children's safety and wellbeing and that of other family members, as well as working with families to empower them to manage their life situation and including having a positive engagement with their community.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with relevant experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream.
- Demonstrated resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma, violence or neglect.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to working within the ‘Best Interest Principles’ outlined within the Child, Youth and Families Act 2005 and a sound understanding of the Victorian Child Protection system.
- Demonstrated experience working with families who have multiple and complex needs, utilising a child-focused family-centred approach.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of individual and systemic theories which underpin effective in-home family based interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders including DHHS Child Protection to reach the best outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Demonstrated awareness of the Child Information Sharing Scheme, the Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme and the MARAM Framework.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD_IFS Prac_Ptmat_North_Feb 2020.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Sarah McGivern on 0447 118 841.
Applications close: Tuesday 25th February 2020
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend