Family Support Worker
Job no: 503339
Work type: Full Time
Location: Regional Victoria – North
Categories: Community Development
- Changing the immediate future of at risk children and families
- Ongoing support and guidance
- Flexible Location - Bendigo, Maryborough, Kyneton or Echuca
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Child and Family Services in the St Luke’s Region consist of a range of programs that provide support to families who have dependent children 0-18 years.
The aim of Child and Family Services is to provide quality in-home and community interventions, with ranging intensities. Services and support is delivered in a child-centred, family focused way and works alongside families to address the changes that may need to occur for their children to be safe at home. These services include: Integrated Family Services, Changing Futures and placement prevention programs such as Stronger Families and Families First.
Families First is a placement prevention program that works with families across 6 Local Government Areas:
- City of Greater Bendigo
- Macedon Ranges
- Mt Alexander
- Central Goldfields
The program provides 6-8 weeks of flexible intensive support and has three areas of focus - Placement Prevention, Long Term Placement Prevention and Re-unification.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and / or related behavioural sciences at a degree level or associated diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream.
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive safety and wellbeing assessments and work within the Best Interest Principles ‘ as outlined within the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- Sound understanding of the Child Protection and welfare system, and experience in collaboration with a range of professionals in a care team approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication, time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work flexble hours - including occasional after 5.00pm dependent on client needs.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description Families First Worker Feb2020.docx.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Sue Oaks on 54401100.
Applications close: 27th February 2020
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend