- Join an organisation that is making a difference - Fixed Term & Permanent positions available.
- Committed and dedicated leadership team.
- Attractive salary packaging is offered with the position.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Family Services in the St Luke’s Region is funded to deliver services to families who have dependent children between the ages of 0-18 across six local government areas; City Of Greater Bendigo, Macedon Ranges, Mt Alexander Shire, Central Goldfields, Loddon Shire and Campaspe.
Anglicare aims to provide a range of short, medium and high intensity outreach services, capable of delivering flexible supports that respond to families need.
The approach to the working with families is, solution focused, strength-based support with a focus on
- Assertive engagement
- Conducting ongoing family assessments;
- Provide outreach, child focus family inclusive support in the family home;
- Assist families to clarify and develop goals to address the issues that are of concern and provide opportunity for the family to regularly review progress, with a focus on the child’s safety, stability and development;
- To ensure that the child’s voice is heard and informs key goals and plans; and
- Provide case management as required.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Have the Ability to:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in social work, psychology, or behavioural sciences or equivalent, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills to perform at this level.
- Excellent understanding of the child protection, placement and support services and family service system, including legislative and policy framework.
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin casework practice (including theories of child attachment, development and abuse) to vulnerable children, young people and families.
- Well-developed skills and experience in delivering programs and services within required timeframes and budget parameters.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high risk program and work in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading a positive and engaged team environment.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Please refer to the attached position description for further information: Team_Leader_Family Services 2020.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents. Please note your interest in a permanent or 12 mth fixed term contract (mat leave) role.
For further enquiries contact Paula West, Program Manager Family Services on 03 5440 1100.
Applications close 27th February 2020.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.