Adoption and Permanent Care Worker
Job no: 503599
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Western Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Help change the immediate future of at risk children and young people
- Join a supportive and friendly team environment
- Bring your enthusiasm and creativity to a well respected group of professionals
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
- The key responsibilities of this position include the recruitment, training and assessment of individuals who are interested in becoming adoptive/permanent carers, supporting children/carers in adoption and permanent placements through the provision of case management and working with birth families. This role also involves a component of post legal support to caregivers and children whose court orders have been legalised.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- An ability to provide a case management service in complex family circumstances where multiple service providers may be involved and/or there are complex family issues.
- An understanding of the issues relating to the placement of children in alternative placement contexts and with child protection involvement.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description: Adoption & Permanent Care Case Worker March2020.docx.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Akiko Nishizawa, Team Leader Adoption and Permanent Care on 03 9396 7400 or at Akiko.Nishizawa@anglicarevic.org.au
Applications close: Thursday 16th April 2020.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend