Job no: 503816
Work type: Part Time
Location: Mornington Peninsula, Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Community Development
A rewarding role making a difference to the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged clients within Gippsland and leading a legal team of passionate and dedicated lawyers.
- Work close to home in beautiful Gippsland
- An opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to social justice and human rights
- Salary packaging is offered with this position
- Flexibility of part-time .8 EFT
Gippsland Community Legal Service (GCLS) is a non-profit service of Anglicare Victoria. The mission of GCLS is to improve access to justice for all members of the Gippsland Community by providing legal advice and advocacy, empowering individuals and groups through community education, and to remove systemic injustice by advocating for law reform.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- To hold or be eligible to hold a Principal Practicing certificate
- Knowledge of all relevant professional practice requirements as they relate to the operations of the legal service and to the position of Principal Lawyer.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and support the legal aspects of a team of lawyers, and legal volunteers.
- Client-focused, with high level written and verbal communication skills.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
For a detailed position description, PD Principal Lawyer May 2020.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Community Services Program Manager, Michelle on 03-51359555 or via email at Michelle.Taranto@anglicarevic.org.au.
Applications close Wednesday, 10 June 2020
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend