Job no: 503945
Work type: Full Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Youth Services
- Full time, fixed term 12 month position
- Located in Latrobe Valley
- Salary packaging available
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
An exciting opportunity exists to employ a full time Youth Worker ‘ Iso Buddy’ for 12 months to engage and support young people virtually and face-to-face where necessary. This position has been funded from Latrobe Health Services response to the impact of COVID 19.
The Youth Worker will:
- Engage with young people to assess what supports are required, develop appropriate suggestions and/or referrals and action these accordingly
- Explore areas of interest and passion with young people and support them through access to alternative services, volunteers and subscriptions
- Support young person to practically engage and sustain these interests and skills long term
- Role model safe and appropriate online behaviour through setting up virtual groups to bring young people together to stay connected, support one another, share experiences and engage in fun challenges and activities.
- Assist young people remain engaged in education, develop skills for living independently, navigate Centrelink and seek employment.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualifications in youth work, and/or related behavioural, community of social sciences.
- Resilience and capability to work with and support young people virtually and face-to-face where necessary and a willingness to step outside of ‘the way things are usually done’ and receptiveness to new ideas.
- Ability to engage with, build rapport and respond creatively to the needs of young people from a variety of backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills, including effective liaison and negotiation skills.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
For a detailed position description, PD_Youth Worker Gippsland May2020.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Program Manager Lee Brien on 51359555.
Applications close: Sunday, 7th June, 2020
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and p
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend