Carer Recruitment & Support Worker
Job no: 503974
Work type: Full Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Out of Home Care, Foster Care
This exciting opportunity is to join our Placement and Support program in the position of Carer Recruitment and Support. The primary focus for Placement and Support is the provision of a range of services to children, young people, carers and birth families involved in home based care services.
- Full-time or Part-time flexibility
- Located in Gippsland
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The role is specifically targeted at working actively to attract to the agency a broad range of volunteers who are wanting to work with Anglicare Victoria in the provision of high quality services in role of Foster carers in the Home Based care program. The Home Based Care program places children and young people in alternate family placement when they are unable to live within their birth family network. The program's key aspects of service delivery include the recruitment and support of Foster Care families.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Demonstrated skills in case management using client focused competency based/solution focused approaches.
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma, violence or neglect.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, with demonstrated report writing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of child and adolescent development, abuse and trauma theories, and their link to service delivery.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description PD_HBC Carer Recruitment & Support Worker FT July2020.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Surinder Demetrios on 5136 9124
Applications close Sunday, 7th June, 2020
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend