Case Worker Family Services
Job no: 504151
Work type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne Central
Categories: Community Development
- Multiple full time positions located at Melbourne Metro, Gippsland and Bendigo
- Help promote safety and well-being of children by empowering families
- An opportunity to work with families in a trauma informed, collaborative and flexible way
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower.
We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria Family Services programs provide a range of short, medium and high intensity services, capable of delivering flexible supports that respond to families with multiple and complex needs.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with relevant experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive safety and well-being assessments and work within Best Interest Principles as outline within the Children, Youth and Families ACT 2005; with a key focus on the identification of risk for the children and/or your people.
- Experience in, or knowledge of, working with children and families experiencing multiple and complex challenges, and the application of behavioural and evidence informed interventions (including theories of child attachment, development and abuse).
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively time manage caseload and documentation requirements whilst demonstrating the ability to flexibly manage competing priorities and stressful situations, monitoring own stress levels and practicing and promoting self- care strategies.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Detailed Position Description: Case Worker Position Descriotion - Family Services.pdf
For further inquiries contact Zena Hosseini on (03)9412 6005.
Applications close: Wednesday 15th July 2020
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend