Regional Accountant, Gippsland
Job no: 504506
Work type: Full Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Community Development, Finance, Management
- An attractive remuneration package, including salary packaging, will be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Full time, ongoing position,
- Primarily based from Morwell with travel across Gippsland as required
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Regional Accountant supports the Finance and Regional teams by ensuring that the appropriate financial control systems and accounting procedures are effectively implemented in the region. The role reports to the Regional Director and works closely under the guidance of the Financial Controller and in collaboration with the broader Central Finance team to ensure all systems within the region comply with the appropriate financial governance, accounting standards and organisational policies and procedures
This role is responsible for providing business advice and support to the Regional Director by ongoing monitoring of income and expenditure against approved budgets, including monthly variance analysis and reporting.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in finance, accounting or commerce. CPA/CA accreditation or working towards achieving this would be highly regarded
- Previous experience in community services organisations and knowledge of GST applicable to not-for-profit organisations
- Considerable knowledge and experience of accounting and reporting packages/ systems
- Demonstrated level of self-awareness and resilience and the ability to manage multiple demands and prioritise accordingly
- Sound stakeholder management and the ability to build and maintain strong, credible relationships to proactively encourage Managers and other stakeholders to adhere to program (cost centre) budgets.
- Ability to be self-directed and work autonomously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in written and verbal English
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with superior attention to detail and accuracy
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For a detailed position description please PD Regional Accountant Aug2020.pdf
For further enquiries contact Janine Kelly on 5135 9555 (Janine.Kelly@anglicarevic.org.au)
Applications close: 16th August 2020
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and p
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend