Family Services Practice Leader
Job no: 504522
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Community Development
- Join an organisation that is making a difference.
- Innovative new leadership position.
- Committed and dedicated leadership team.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria’s Family Services within the St Luke’s region, aims to strengthen families’ capacity to meet the needs of their children aged 0-18 years, through the promotion of the safety and wellbeing of children and young people. Services are delivered in a child-centred, family focused way; to ensure that we are working towards the best social, emotional, educational and health outcomes for children through the use of flexible and innovative interventions to address the risk, need and goals.
The Family Services Practice Leader will provide support across identified regional Family Services teams; taking a lead role in strengthening professional practice and program development, through the provision of; reflective practice, delivering results in relation to funding requirements and supporting the delivery and application of practice approaches that reflect outcomes for the families we support.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Demonstrated excellence in the ability to strengthen the capacity of others through modelling, communication, coaching, and mentoring.
- Expert knowledge of and experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin casework practice to vulnerable children, young people and families.
- Excellent skills in providing expert case consultation and advice in relation to complex cases, particularly around safety and wellbeing assessments
- Highly developed skills in delivering on projects within required timeframes.
- Highly developed skills in the ability to design and implement system changes that have beneficial outcomes for children, young people and their families and the agency.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Position description : FamilyServicesPractice Leader PD .pdf
For further enquiries contact the Family Services Manager, Paula West on 54401100
Applications close: August 31st 2020
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend