Practitioner, Orange Door Support & Hub
Job no: 504793
Work type: Full Time, Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Community Development, Family Services
- The Orange Door Support and Safety Hubs help women and children experiencing family violence
- Support vulnerable families with the wellbeing and development of their children
- Help connect people directly to services for a range of different needs.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
A key recommendation of the Royal Commission and the Roadmap for Reform was to establish a network of Support and Safety Hubs across Victoria. The Orange Door Support and Safety Hubs will help women and children experiencing family violence and support vulnerable families who need help with the wellbeing and development of their children. They will help connect people directly to services and provide a coordinated response to a range of different needs,
As an Orange Door Practitioner you will required to provide support to women, children, young people and families experiencing family violence; perpetrators of family violence; and families in need of support with the care, development and well-being of children. Providing an initial contact point for people and a source of information and advice with a focus on risk assessment, engagement, and provision of an initial response to people referred to the Hub where required. You will:
- Prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children young people and families and victims of family violence using a gendered understanding of family violence and an understanding of child and family vulnerability.
- Work collaboratively as part of an integrated practice approach to respond to family violence and children and family vulnerability concerns.
- Support the implementation and development of the model in an evolving process of design.
- Support implementation and development of the model in an evolving process of design. The Inner Gippsland Orange Door will evolve to meet the needs of the community in line with the reform objectives and inform a Statewide roll out of service delivery.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream.
- Demonstrated capability working with children and families experiencing significant and complex needs and risk issues in any of the following service areas: Family Services, Child Protection, Family Violence, Disability, Housing, Mental Health and/or Alcohol and Other Drugs.
- Expert knowledge and experience working in social services roles: including risk assessment and risk management and cross-sectoral expertise in relevant disciplines, including but not limited to a knowledge of the drivers/causes of family violence, child development, and attachment and trauma theories.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, assess and prioritise risks and needs of clients in a whole of family approach.
- High level problem solving skills and extensive experience in the development of effective team work skills along with the ability to recognise and identify limits of own expertise and to seek advice of other specialists when required.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description: PD_Practitioner Orange Door Support & Hub Aug2020.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Program Manager, Josie Stubbe on 5135 9555
Applications close Sunday 27th September 2020
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend