Residential Youth Worker - Bendigo
Job no: 504856
Work type: Casual, Full Time, Full Time Limited Tenure, Part Time, Part Time Limited Tenure
Categories: Residential Services
- Wide range of employment options available to suit your specific availability
- Maintain work life balance with flexible days and hours
- Long term career prospects with opportunities for ongoing training and development
- SCHADS Level 3 pay with excellent penalty rates and salary benefits
- Supportive and established team and management structure
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars: Prevent, Protect, Empower.
Anglicare Victoria are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care services and, with the support of a large network of passionate and dedicated staff, provide safe and nurturing homes to young people from a variety of backgrounds. We strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and rewarded, making Anglicare Victoria a great place to work.
The overall responsibility of the Residential Youth Worker is to work with a larger team to promote a consistent and considered approach to the provision of direct care to young people who reside in residential care, ensuring individual needs are met. This is likely to involve everything from providing emotional support and crisis intervention, right through to maintaining a safe and welcoming home environment.
We opportunities for day shifts, evening shifts, active night duty shifts and weekend shifts available in 5 different locations across Bendigo, including Kangaroo Flat, Ironbark, Junortoun and Huntly, with additional expansion to other locations always a possibility. This offers access to a wide variety of shifts in a number of locations.
Given the established team set up and supportive structure, we can also offer opportunities to those either starting their career in the industry as well as those who already have experience.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- A relevant tertiary such as a Diploma or Cert IV in Community Services, and a willingness to undertake 4 units of Trauma Informed Care Top Up Training
- Previous experience working with young people of all ages.
- The ability to work effectively with young people and to promote positive attributes and work towards planned change.
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to maintain best practice under challenging circumstances.
- The ability to work effectively with a team to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current Drivers Licence
Please Note: Successful applicants will also be asked to undergo a Criminal History Check, WWCC, fire safety induction training and a DHHS carers check prior to offer of employment.
A detailed Position Description is available here: Position Description - Casual Residential Youth Worker - Bendigo.pdf
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend