Child FIRST Practitioner
Job no: 504900
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Limited tenure full time position till June 2021
- The role is based out of the Bayswater Office, Eastern Region
- The roles is classified at SCHADS Level 5 and salary packaging is available.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Anglicare Child and Family Information and Referral Support Team (Child FIRST) is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to accept referrals relating to vulnerable children, youth and families. Child FIRST provides information and advice, conducts initial assessments and refers families to the supports they need. Using a team approach, the Child FIRST Practitioner provides child centred-family focussed casework to families referred to the Child FIRST/Family Services program that aims to increase the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and improve family functioning and outcomes for children and young people.
This position sits within the Outer East catchment, consisting of Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges local government areas. Anglicare has Family Services teams in various offices in the Outer East, these positions are in the Lilydale and Bayswater offices.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of active engagement strategies with vulnerable and at risk children, young people and their families, and be flexible and creative in meeting their needs.
- An understanding of the social context of child abuse and neglect, and experience in using current theoretical approaches to support positive outcomes.
- Sound understanding of the Child Protection and welfare system, and experience in collaboration with a range of professionals in a care team approach.
- Experience in conducting risk and needs assessments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to advocate, negotiate and problem solve.
- Understanding of the community’s cultural diversity and ability to practice with cultural competence and safety.
- Ability to partake in reflective practice and to be self-directed.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description , PD_Child FIRST Prac_FS_FTJune 21_Sept20.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Helen Flavel on 9721 3688.
Applications close: 30/09/2020
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend