Intensive Family Services Practitioner
Job no: 504921
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Full time fixed term position until June 2021
- Based in the outer east office which is located in Lilydale
- Role has been classified SCHADS Level 6, salary packaging available
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Intensive Family Services program specifically focuses on delivering a placement prevention and reunification service for Child Protection clients with the aim to prevent an Out of Home Care placement or support reunification. The program provides families with intensive interventions, developing plans to reduce risks to children and increase parental capacity.
We are looking for someone with highly developed assessment skills, the ability to effectively engage children, young people and their families, demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with families and the capacity to identify family strengths and competencies, in order to facilitate positive change.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level;
- An excellent understanding of the social context of child abuse and neglect, the impacts of trauma and experience in applying relevant theoretical approaches to deliver outcomes, particularly for children on Child Protection orders.
- Experience in active engagement of vulnerable children, youth and families and delivering a range of interventions to improve their outcomes. Particular experience is required for families at risk of child removal and supporting family reunification.
- Excellent experience in conducting risk and needs assessments, and developing and implementing action plans to achieve desired outcomes
- Skills in case management, working effectively with Child Protection and supporting collaborative care teams
Detailed Position Description PD_IFS Prac_FT June2021_East_Sept 2020.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Leigh Rankcom on 9735 6104.
Applications close Wednesday 30 September 2020
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend