Family Practitioner FFT-CW
Job no: 505061
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Categories: Community Development
- Join a dynamic, growing organisation committed to positive outcomes for vulnerable families and young people.
- Work in a leading evidence based program within a supportive team environment that focuses on best practice and clinical outcomes.
- Receive on-going training and supervision to implement the clinical model and positively influence the ives of parents and children
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare (FFT-CW) aims to reduce the number of families reported to the Department of Health & Human Services, Child Protection program and the number of children and/or young people entering Out of Home Care. FFT-CW is a strength-based model built on a foundation of acceptance and respect. Therapists use assessments and therapeutic interventions to address risk factors within and outside of the family that impact children’s’ safety, stability and development. Building a trusting relationship with the family, FFT-CW therapist’s work to understand behavioural cycles and identify points of intervention with the aim of reducing risk of harm to the child’s environment and encouraging the family to extend the changes into other areas of the family’s life.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive safety and wellbeing assessments and work within the Best Interest Principles as outlined within the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005; with a key focus on the identification of risk for the child and/or young person.
- Demonstrated experience in, or knowledge of, working with young people and families experiencing multiple and complex challenges and the application of behavioural and evidence-based therapies
- Demonstrated ability to practice in an inclusive and strengths based way to engage and effectively work with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, CALD and LGBTIQ+ families and communities to achieve positive outcomes.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Detailed Position Description: PD Family Practitioner FFT-CW.pdf
For further enquiries contact Gabby Glass or Paula West on (03) 5440 1100
Applications close 28 October 2020
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend