About Anglicare Victoria
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care services and, with the support of a large network of passionate and dedicated staff, provide safe and nurturing homes to young people from a variety of backgrounds. We strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and rewarded, making Anglicare Victoria a great place to work.
The position of Residential Care House Coordinator is located in Regional Victoria in the township of Bendigo. Bendigo is located 150km from Melbourne.
Bendigo is a small city with a population of just shy 100,000 with an array of wineries, restaurants and a vibrant city lifestyle. Situated in Regional Victoria Bendigo offers city amenities in a country style town. Fantastic school and education opportunities for family and a sustainable city of cost of living.
About The Position
The position will involve a range of key duties with a focus on supporting both the young people themselves, as well as staff at the house. Amongst a host of other duties, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing and ensuring that appropriate interventions and responses are employed to work with all children and young people in residential care to promote stability, growth and pro-social development.
- Overseeing all case management tasks and requirements ensuring planning for each young person will support post care transition into independent or semi-independent living.
- The development and maintenance of a safe, secure and planned environment where the developmental needs of children and young people are effectively met as per program guidelines.
- Provide leadership, support and supervision to residential care staff and play a lead role in the creation of a culture that promotes healing from the range of traumatic experiences of the young people.
- The position will require an applicant with a high level of understanding of Therapeutic Practice and Care.
- The successful applicant with have an understanding of Therapeutic practice which relates to working collaboratively with a Therapeutic Specialist to develop planning, strategies and implementation of care for the children within the home. As well as a Therapeutic lens of staff development and supervision.
The role is challenging and varied, offering a chance to continue to learn, grow and contribute to positive outcomes. The role would suit an experienced Residential Youth worker with demonstrated experience and skills as a leader of people, an advocate for best practice and someone who believes in and can drive the values and core pillars of the organisation.
Anglicare Victoria offers collaborative working environments, fantastic support and training opportunities, excellent salary and employment benefits as well as future career opportunities as part of the state’s largest provider of OOHC services.
To be considered for this role you must hold:
- Degree within Social Welfare area and or equivalent Diploma or higher Education.
- A relevant tertiary qualification which is recognized under the Residential Care Workforce Training Initiative, and a willingness to undertake top up training to meet the qualification requirements of the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- 4 Trauma Informed Practice training units- CHCPRT010, CHCMHS007, CHCPRT009 & CHCCCS009
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Victorian Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Check Victoria
It is also mandatory for the successful applicant be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
As well as the required certificates and qualifications, we are also looking for someone who presents with:
- Significant experience in a Residential Youth setting.
- A high level knowledge of adolescent and child development and the theories relating to Trauma and Attachment as the aftermath of abuse and neglect.
- Highly developed skills in managing the challenging and confronting behaviours that arise from this; in a calm and consistent manner and modelling this to staff.
- The ability to provide strong leadership, direction and coaching to residential care staff.
- The ability to oversee all facets and requirements of the residential program as it relates to community, agency and government expectations and requirements.
- Experience in and/or understanding of the child protection system.
A detailed Position Description is available here: Position Description - Therapeutic House Coordinator - Residential Services - Bendigo October 2020.docx
For further information please contact Dani Jeffery, Team Leader on 0417 369 987.
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation