At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, and Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care services and, with the support of a large network of passionate and dedicated staff, provide safe and nurturing homes to young people from a variety of backgrounds. We strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and rewarded, making Anglicare Victoria a great place to work.
The overall responsibility of the Residential Youth Worker is to work with a larger team to promote a consistent and considered approach to the provision of direct care to young people who reside in residential care, ensuring individual needs are met.
Our residential youth workers work closely with Young People who present with challenging behaviours and needs as a result of difficult and often traumatic upbringings, requiring an approach that takes into consideration pain based behaviours and a therapeutic approach.
We currently have a wide variety of opportunities including active night duty and weekend shifts available.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential Care).
- A relevant tertiary qualification such as Cert IV in Youth Work or higher, and a willingness to undertake top up training to meet the qualification requirements of the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- Previous experience working with young people in Out of Home Care
- Commitment to the principles and practice of quality care in residential settings for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged young people.
- The ability to work effectively with young people and to promote positive attributes and work towards planned change.
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to maintain best practice under challenging circumstances.
- The ability to work effectively with a team to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence, a Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Working With Us:
Anglicare Victoria are leaders in the industry, offering unrivalled career progression, professional development, training, support and a culture of inclusivity and resilience. This is backed up by our recognition as innovators, our Rainbow Tick Accreditation and a leadership team that are passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes.
As a NFP Organisation, employees also have access to discounted health insurance, free Employee Assistance, Salary Packaging and a range of other employment benefits.
A detailed Position Description is available here: Position Description - Residential Youth Worker- October 2020.docx
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.