Residential Youth Worker - Active Night Duty
Job no: 505131
Work type: Casual
Categories: Residential Services
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars: Prevent, Protect, Empower.
Anglicare Victoria are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care services and, with the support of a large network of passionate and dedicated staff, provide safe and nurturing homes to young people from a variety of backgrounds. We strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and rewarded, making Anglicare Victoria a great place to work.
The overall responsibility of the Residential Youth Worker is to promote a consistent and considered approach to the provision of direct care to young people who reside in residential care, ensuring individual needs are met. This is likely to involve everything from providing emotional support and crisis intervention, right through to maintaining a safe and welcoming home environment.
We currently have a number of active night duty shifts available during the week and on weekends.
We can also offer opportunities to those either starting their career in the industry as well as those who already have experience.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- A relevant tertiary Diploma or Certificate IV, and a willingness to undertake 4 units of Trauma Informed Care Top Up Training
- Previous experience working with young people of all ages.
- The ability to work effectively with young people and to promote positive attributes and work towards planned change.
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to maintain best practice under challenging circumstances.
- The ability to work effectively with a team to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current Drivers Licence
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Please Note: Successful applicants will also be asked to undergo a Criminal History Check, WWCC, fire safety induction training and a DHHS carers check prior to offer of employment.
A detailed Position Description is available here: Position Description - Residential Youth Worker- October 2020 - Bendigo.docx
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend