Youth & Family Practitioner
Job no: 505144
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Community Development
- Time for a tree change?
- Work with young people and their families and network with a range of professionals
- Primarily based at our Bendigo office with outreach to Loddon Campaspe Area
- Full time, on-going position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Youth and Family worker will work to actively engage vulnerable young people (and their families) to ensure their immediate and longer term safety, stability and wellbeing are promoted, including positive health, educational, emotional and social outcomes.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A tertiary qualification in related field such as Social Work/Welfare or related field with experience in the sector.
- A demonstrated resilience and understanding to work with and build rapid engagement to support clients who have been exposed to trauma, violence or neglect.
- Demonstrated experience in working with young people and their families, utilizing a youth focused, family centred approach including planning and facilitation of group work.
- Demonstrated experience in being able to provide a range of service interventions to young people and their families that include case management, mediation, advocacy, safety planning, linkages to other relevant services in the community by effectively building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Well-developed written skills including case notes and report writing, using a range of electronic data systems.
- Effectively build and maintain relationships and work with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Position Description: Youth & Family Practitioner - Youth & Community Bendigo October 2020.docx.pdf
For further enquiries contact Jasmine Price- Team Leader, Youth & Community Services on 03 5440 1100.
Applications close Wednesday 28 October 2020.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend