Integrated Family Services Practitioner
Job no: 508042
Work type: Full Time
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Full time and part time ongoing positions available
- Located primarily at our Lilydale office with flexible work options available
- roles has been classified as SCHADS Level 5 with Salary packaging available
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Anglicare Family Services Program provides a suite of services to vulnerable children, youth and families, including the Integrated Family Services team. Many of these families have long histories of involvement with child protection and community agencies, and require flexible and innovative interventions to address their needs to support their safety and wellbeing. The Integrated Family Services team aim to increase the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, strengthen family relationships and dynamics and prevent children and young people from entering the Child Protection system. Family Services aims to support parents to ensure the social, emotional, educational, health and developmental needs for their children are met.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology and/or related behavioural science at a degree level; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at the required level.
- A good understanding of the social context of child abuse and neglect and experience in applying relevant theoretical approaches to deliver outcomes.
- Experience in active engagement of vulnerable children, youth and families and delivering a range of interventions to improve their outcomes
- Experience in conducting risk and needs assessments, and developing and implementing action plans
- Skills in case management, including developing community linkages
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD_Family Services Practitioner_FS_Aug 2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Tania Koblar on 9721 3688.
Applications close: close of business Friday 5 November 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend