The Navigator Program has a 12 month Case management (maternity leave) position working with Young people to support re-engagement in Education.
- Full time until 4th November 2022
- Work within an experienced and dynamic team
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, and Empower. We seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced youth or family case manager to provide short term interventions and supports for young people. The primary aim of the position is to provide short term case management support for young people 12-17yrs to reengage them in education. The position requires the case manager to work alongside young people, families, schools and other relevant services.
This position is expected to work collaboratively within a team, and work closely with schools, families and other service providers across the geographical location of service delivery, to allow for optimal responsiveness to the young person’s needs.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or a lesser qualification with demonstrated experience and skills to perform at this level.
- Demonstrated experience in case management of young people, families and/or significant others especially in relation to school re-engagement.
- Ability to use a range of strategies in working with young people and families/carers around family issues such as abuse, family breakdown and family relationships.
- Knowledge of adolescent development processes and specific knowledge around working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their communities.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and ability to be self-directed.
- Knowledge of school environments and educational policy.
- Excellent written and oral communication, negotiation and liaison skills and the ability to work with government and non-government organisations, community groups and clients’ families/networks.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, and to contribute to program development, implementation and evaluation.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Position Description: Case Manager - Navigator - Wimera South West - April 2021.pdf
For further enquiries contact Matt Martin, Team Leader Navigator on 0457 127 824.
Applications close Friday 19th November 2021.
Please note that on Friday, 7 October 2021, the Victorian Government’s Chief Health Officer issued COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions. As an employer, AV is required to comply with the terms of these directions. Workers covered in these directions are required to have their first COVID-19 vaccine dose by Friday 15 October 2021 in order to perform work outside of their ordinary place of residence. Further, such workers will also be required to have their second dose by 26 November 2021. Please be aware that this role is covered by the Chief Health Officer’s Directions.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.