Job no: 510757
Work type: Part Time
Location: Southern Suburbs
- Opportunity to provide one on one teaching to vulnerable young people
- An opportunity to use your teaching skills in a different setting
- Part time ongoing position, $46.60/hour plus super and salary packaging (additional $15,900 tax free)
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
This role provides qualified teachers the opportunity to provide one on one teaching to vulnerable young people residing in residential care to re-engage with education, improving retention and completion. Improving the life outcomes for you people through education. You will be required to implement tailored educational programs to meet the individual needs of the young people. This includes providing intensive teaching in literacy and numeracy to enable the young people to reach their true potential.
You will be working closely with the young person’s Care Team which may include carers, case managers, school staff and other professionals.
You will also contribute to the development of the program and the TEACHaR network across the state.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A tertiary qualification in Education, current FULL VIT registration and experience as a teacher (minimum 5 years).
- The ability to develop and implement individual learning plans for children and young people who have experienced significant educational disruption and who present with complex psychological and social needs.
- Demonstrated experience in working with children and young people with complex needs, understanding how trauma affects learning.
- An ability to use educational assessment tools and data to inform planning and practice.
- The ability to thrive in a changing environment with competing priorities, to manage stressful situations, monitoring own stress levels and practicing and promoting self-care strategies.
For a Detailed Position Description, PD Education Specialist TEACHaR South May 2022.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Lead Teacher Katy Baker 0418 770 672 or on Katy.Baker@anglicarevic.org.au
Applications Close 10 July 2022
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement. AV employees are required to either be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 or have a medical exemption. AV will require evidence that you are compliant with these requirements.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend