Job no: 501918
Work type: Full Time
Location: Northern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Northern suburbs location
- Support at risk youth and their families
- Salary packaging available
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The STARS (Support to Adolescents and their Relationships) Worker is part of the Adolescent Case Management Service (ACMS) providing support services to young people aged 12 -18 years.
In this role you will plan and implement therapeutic strategies and interventions with young people and their families. Your focus will be to provide a flexible, supportive and responsible service to young people. The intended outcome of your intervention is to resolve conflict that place adolescents at risk, and where possible assist in maintaining young people within their own families or working towards family reunification.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling at a degree level with substantial experience.
- A demonstrated commitment and experience in working with at risk and marginalised young people.
- Competence in the application of therapeutic strategies associated with family counselling techniques/incorporating problem solving, negotiation and mediation principles.
- Commitment to addressing conflicts between adolescents and their parents in a family context.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and participate in collaborative approaches.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD - STARS Counsellor - ACMS - Full Time Ongoing - North - July 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries please contact Baylet Odicho, ACMS Team Leader on 03 9301 5200 .
Applications close 21 November 2019.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend