Orange Door Practitioner
Job no: 502658
Work type: Full Time
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Family Services
- The Orange Door Support and Safety Hubs help women and children experiencing family violence
- Support vulnerable families who need help with the wellbeing and development of their children
- Help connect people directly to services and provide a coordinated response to a range of different needs.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, and Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
A key recommendation of the Royal Commission and the Roadmap for Reform was to establish a network of Support and Safety Hubs (Hubs) across Victoria. The Orange Door Support and Safety Hubs will be accessible, safe and welcoming to people, providing quick and simple access to the support and safety they need.
As an Orange Door Practitioner you will required to provide support to women, children, young people and families experiencing family violence; perpetrators of family violence; and families in need of support with the care, development and well-being of children. Providing an initial contact point for people and a source of information and advice with a focus on risk assessment, engagement, and provision of an initial response to people referred to the Hub where required. You will:
- Prioritise the safety of victim survivors and children using a gendered understanding of family violence and an understanding of child and family vulnerability.
- Work collaboratively as part of an integrated practice approach to respond to family violence and children and family vulnerability concerns.
- Support the implementation and development of the model in an evolving process of design.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream.
- Experience working with children and families experiencing complex needs and risk issues in any of the following service areas: Family Services, Child Protection, Family Violence, Disability, Housing, Mental Health and/or Alcohol and Other Drugs.
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, assess and prioritise risks and needs of clients in a whole of family approach.
- The ability to recognise and identify limits of own expertise and to seek advice or refer clients to other specialists.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description: PD - Orange Door Practitioner Gippsland October2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Program Manager, Josie Stubbe on 5135 9555
Applications close Sunday 24th November 2019
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend