Case Manager Home Based Care
Job no: 502667
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Categories: Home Based Care
- Salary packaging is offered with this position
- Full-time 38 hours, based in Bendigo
- The role offers a case management position to assist vulnerable children in care who are unable to live with their families.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The role of the HBC Case Manager is to provide leadership and coordination of the care team for each child placed in HBC, to achieve the best possible care for the child. This role is primarily responsible for the support of carers and for developing and supporting a support network of carers for each child. This role will work collaboratively with other care team members to ensure the development of a plan that supports the best interest of each child. Contribution to the recruitment, assessment and training of foster carers will occur as required.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work or other relevant area
- Extensive experience in child, youth and family welfare experience, with particular experience in out of home care
- Sophisticated understanding of the legislative, policy and practice environment of out of home care
- Ability to lead and facilitate a multi-disciplinary care team
- Skills and experience in supervision of carers
- Current Victorian (or equivalent) drivers license
- Demonstrated skills in case management
- Well developed organisational skills
- Program development and review/evaluation experience
- Understanding of, and capacity to act according to the principles and intent of the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description, PD 502667.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Kelly Harris on 5440 1184 or 0429 705 869 or Louise Baker on 5440 1155 or 0400 650 422.
Applications close: 20 November 2019
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend