Job no: 503200
Work type: Part Time
Location: Western Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Part time position
- Opportunity for an experienced therapeutic practitioner
- Working with vulnerable young people and families.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Anglicare Victoria Therapeutic Residential Care (TRC) model aims to provide holistic, trauma informed practice that creates an environment that takes into account the young person’s trauma, resilience, attachment, developmental age. The model promotes congruence, consistency, coherence and reciprocity enriching the young person’s environment with predictability, nurturance and achievable outcomes. The Therapeutic Specialists work within the TRC team to provide clinical leadership with regard to the development and implementation of appropriate therapeutic support for children and young people in out-of-home care.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, or related discipline with eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association supported by substantial post graduate experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the Child Protection and Out-Of-Home Care systems including relevant legislative and statutory provisions and frameworks, compliance requirements and principles.
- Excellent knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin the provision of therapeutic services to vulnerable children, young people and families.
- Excellent skills in providing expert case consultation and advice to other professionals, particularly around trauma, attachment and development assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direct service in the clinical assessment and treatment of children, young people and families.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed position description Therapeutic Specialist - Western Region Jan2020.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Nada Vindis on 9396 7400 or via email email@example.com
Applications close 23/02/2020.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend