Job no: 503256
Work type: Casual
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
Categories: Community Development
Are you compassionate and interested in making a difference to people's lives, working with children to support their relationship with non-residential parents?
- An opportunity for casual staff exists for motivated and energetic individuals to join our supportive and dynamic team.
- Bring your experience and creative ideas to an innovative team
- Position based primarily in Bairnsdale
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Located within the Children’s Contact Service (CCS) in Bairnsdale primarily, the program facilitates the safe (physical and emotional) on site transfer of children between separated parents. It also provides supervision for contact between child and non-resident parent, where the service is required, to promote the development of family relationships
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Early Childhood development or Social Work / Welfare qualifications preferred. Associate diploma level with experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with children, and understanding their needs around attachment and bonding, developmental stages and grief when separated from important family members.
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, including children, young people, parents and professional staff, particularly in crisis and/or challenging situations.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with children and parents from culturally diverse backgrounds, have a non-judgmental approach and a commitment to social justice principles
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working With Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description: PD Childrens Contact Supervisor Casual Dec 2019.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact: Veronica Wells on 5136 9100
Applications close: Sunday 23rd February, 2020
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend