House Coordinator - Residential Youth Services
Job no: 503385
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Residential Services
- Long term career prospects with opportunities for ongoing training and development
- Supportive and established team and management structure
- Great pay rates with access to NFP Salary Benefits and shift penalty rates
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars: Prevent, Protect, Empower.
Anglicare Victoria are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care services and, with the support of a large network of passionate and dedicated staff, provide safe and nurturing homes to young people from a variety of backgrounds. We strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and rewarded, making Anglicare Victoria a great place to work.
The position will involve a range of key duties with a focus on supporting both the young people themselves, as well as staff at the house. Among a host of other duties, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing and ensuring that appropriate interventions and responses are employed to work with all children and young people in residential care to promote stability, growth and pro-social development.
- Overseeing all case management tasks and requirements ensuring planning for each young person will support post care transition into independent or semi-independent living.
- The development and maintenance of a safe, secure and planned environment where the developmental needs of children and young people are effectively met as per program guidelines.
- Provide leadership, support and supervision to residential care staff and play a lead role in the creation of a culture that promotes healing from the range of traumatic experiences of the young people
The role is challenging and varied, offering a chance to continue to learn, grow and contribute to positive outcomes. The role would suit an experienced Residential Youth worker with demonstrated experience and skills as a leader of people, an advocate for best practice and someone who believes in and can drive the values and core pillars of the organisation.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A relevant tertiary level qualification at Diploma level or higher in Community Services, Youth Work or similar and a willingness to undertake 4 units of Trauma Informed Care Top Up Training
- Previous experience working with young people of all ages.
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to maintain best practice under challenging circumstances.
- The ability to work effectively with a team to achieve program goals and objectives.
Please Note: Successful applicants will also be asked to undergo a Criminal History Check, WWCC, fire safety induction training and a DHHS carers check prior to offer of employment.
As well as the required qualification, we are also looking for someone who presents with:
- Significant experience in a Residential Youth setting.
- A high level knowledge of adolescent and child development and the theories relating to Trauma and Attachment as the aftermath of abuse and neglect.
- Highly developed skills in managing the challenging and confronting behaviours that arise from this; in a calm and consistent manner and modelling this to staff.
- The ability to provide strong leadership, direction and coaching to residential care staff.
- The ability to oversee all facets and requirements of the residential program as it relates to community, agency and government expectations and requirements.
A detailed Position Description is available here: PD - House Coordinator - Residential Services - Full Time Ongoing - Bendigo.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and responses to the KSC as detailed on the PD.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend