- Exciting new Service Delivery Model
- Permanent Full time role
- SCHADS Level 7 pay with NFP Salary Benefits
- Dynamic Leadership Opportunity
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Orange Door is a free service for adults, children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced family violence and families who need extra support with the care of children. The program will bring together different workforces and practices from Community Service and Government agencies, to create an integrated multi-disciplinary team. This will ensure that the community has access to a consolidated intake point that will service the six Local Government Area’s that form the Loddon catchment area, creating a new way of support the Loddon community.
The Team Leader role is a critical position within the Orange Door team. The Team Leader will sit across a multi-disciplinary team, providing day to day coaching and mentoring to staff within their cluster. The Team Leader will play a pivotal role in supporting the integrated model of practice, managing workflow and demand within the Orange Door environment
The pivotal function of the Orange Door will be to:
- Support women and children experiencing family violence, with a key focus on ensuring the safety of women, children and young people experiencing family violence.
- Ensure a focus on perpetrators of family violence, to keep them in view and hold them accountable for their behaviour.
- Receive referrals about vulnerable children (or an unborn) and their families where there are significant concerns about their well-being.
- Support a coordinated response to a range of different needs and connect service users with the most appropriate service.
- Conducting intake screening i.e. assessment of initial need/risk issues and prioritisation for service delivery in consultation with other stakeholders.
- To work in partnership with key stakeholders including the, North Central Victoria Family Services Alliance, VicPOL, Health providers and local Government.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in social work, psychology, or behavioural sciences or equivalent, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills to perform at this level.
- Excellent understanding of the child protection, placement and support services and family service system, including legislative and policy framework.
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin casework practice (including theories of child attachment, development and abuse) to vulnerable children, young people and families.
- Well-developed skills and experience in delivering programs and services within required timeframes and budget parameters.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high risk program and work in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading a positive and engaged team environment.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description PD_Child Wellbeing Team_Leader_Orange Door.pdf
Working With Us:
Anglicare Victoria are leaders in the industry, offering unrivalled career progression, professional development, training, support and a culture of inclusivity and resilience. This is backed up by our recognition as innovators, our Rainbow Tick Accreditation and a leadership team that are passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes.
As a NFP Organisation, employees also have access to discounted health insurance, free Employee Assistance, Salary Packaging and a range of other employment benefits.
How to Apply
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Paula West, Program Manager on 0354 401100
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.