TCP Support worker
Job no: 504004
Work type: Casual
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Casual position offering a variety of hours and shift times
- Working in the Eastern Region, based at the Lilydale office
- This role is classified at SCHADS Level 3 Paypoint 2 Youth Worker .
Target Care Packages (TCPs) are creative and innovative placements developed around specific children/young people aged 0-19 years incorporating all aspects of support and brokerage required in order for them to successfully transition out of residential care to any alternative form of placement where their needs will be better met. TCPs are designed to provide holistic support to children/young people, their family, carers and others through a care team model, across the service system. By their nature, TCPs are designed to sit outside of traditional program boundaries.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Targeted Care Packages Support Worker will support children/young people and their carers and/or families. The objectives of the position are:
- To provide high quality support to children/young people who are supported by Targeted Care Packages.
- To achieve better outcomes for children and young people in out of home care or upon reunification with family by acting as part of a creative, flexible suite of supports to children/young people, volunteer care givers and families.
- To actively and collaboratively participate in a care team approach.
- To participate in the development of high quality support strategies for clients and ensure adherence to the relevant DHHS Registration Standards and Anglicare Victoria Policies and Procedures.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care). Alternatively a relevant tertiary qualification which is recognized under the Residential Care Workforce Training Initiative (see appendix 1), and a willingness to undertake top up training to meet the qualification requirements of the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma.
- Ability to engage with, build rapport and respond creatively to the needs of children and young people from a variety of backgrounds and with a range of challenging behaviours.
- Ability to develop and implement support plans for children and young people in out of home care, amidst a range of competing demands.
- Ability to support families, respectfully introduce new parenting strategies, model therapeutic responses to challenging behaviours and supervise carers.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a detailed position description PD_TCP Support Worker_Casual_East_May 2020.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Gina Housakos 9896 6322.
Applications close 24 June 2020.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend