Job no: 505975
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Categories: Community Development
- Join an organisation that makes a difference
- Work with young people and their families and network with a range of professionals
- Primarily based at our Bendigo office with outreach to Maryborough, Castlemaine and Heathcote
- Full time until 24 March 2022
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Youth and Family worker will work directly with young people and their families to strengthen meaningful and enduring ties, and to maintain school connections. This includes case management, outreach, practical support, strategies to facilitate group work and referral to necessary services such as mediation, counselling, mental health and housing.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A tertiary qualification in related field such as Social Work/Welfare or related field with experience in the sector.
- A demonstrated resilience and understanding to work with and build rapid engagement to support clients who have been exposed to trauma, violence or neglect.
- Demonstrated experience in working with young people and their families, utilising a youth focused, family centred approach including planning and facilitation of group work.
- Demonstrated experience in being able to provide a range of service interventions to young people and their families that include case management, mediation, advocacy, safety planning, linkages to other relevant services in the community by effectively building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Well-developed written skills including case notes and report writing, using a range of electronic data systems.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed position description: Youth and Family Worker - Reconnect - Youth Services - North Central - Full Time Fixed Term - Jan 2021.docx.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Jasmine Price, Team Leader Youth Services on 03 5440 1100.
Applications close Friday 12 March 2021.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend