Parenting Assessment & Skills Development [PASDS] Practitioner
Job no: 506080
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Community Development
- Ongoing position
- Flexible service delivery
- Specialised role
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Parenting Assessment & Skill Development Service [PASDS] is an intense short term service that works with families across 6 Local Government Areas that make up the Loddon catchment.
PASDS provide independent, specialised assessments and reports in relation to vulnerable infants and young child/rens health, development, safety and wellbeing. The PASDS team undertake comprehensive in home or day stay assessments to undertake a parenting capacity assessment that observes the strengths, skills and abilities of the parent and/or caregiver of the infant.
PASDS also provide an intensive skill development service component for parents to assist them to develop their skills, knowledge and capacity to safely care for and nurture their children in the family home.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience.
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma.
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge of child development from birth and strategies for working with and assessing vulnerable infants and their families.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills that communicate the needs of the infant to key stakeholders, such as, the Family, Stronger Families worker and Child Protection.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking assessments of infants and their parent/caregivers. Including, information gathering, observation, analysis and planning.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description: PD PASDS_2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Jemma Lamb on 54401100.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend