Adolescent Family Violence Therapeutic Practitioner
Job no: 506105
Work type: Full Time
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Located at Anglicare offices at Bayswater, Box Hill or Lilydale.
- Full time positions available, part time will be considered
- The role has been classified against the SCHADS Award Level 6 and salary packaging is available.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The position will plan and implement strategies and interventions with adolescents and their families which assist in the reduction of adolescent family violence in the home, resolve circumstances which place adolescents at risk and help repair relationships.
Develop your therapeutic counselling, out reach, group work and case management skills by working alongside skilled and experienced practitioners.
To be successful in this position you will need.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream and specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Excellent knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in the application of relevant theoretical approaches that underpin the provision of therapeutic services and case management to vulnerable young people and families.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and understanding of the Police, Child Protection and the child, youth and family welfare systems. Including the ability to liaise and negotiate with Police and DHHS – Child Protection in relation to addressing protective concerns for children and young people
- Demonstrated ability to provide direct service in the assessment and treatment of children, young people and families. Including experience in conducting comprehensive safety and wellbeing assessments and safety planning.
- Demonstrated experience in the facilitation of group work programs
- Skills in providing case consultation and advice to other professionals, particularly around trauma, attachment and impact of violence on family relationships.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
Click here for Position Description PD- Adolescent FV PT _FV_East_Feb 21.pdf
For further enquiries contact Program manager Jim Allen on 9721 3688.
Applications close 10 March 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend