- Community Based Aboriginal Youth Justice program
- Not For Profit Salary Sacrifice Benefits
- Based in Morwell with travel to other work sites as required
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Anglicare is committed to assisting Aboriginal young people within the community and understand the need for establishing a connected approach to learning through Aboriginal teachings.
AV employs over 1700 people across the state, working in programs designed to support Children, Young People, Families and Individuals. Each and every employee is valued for the passion they bring to their work, the value that they add and the outcomes they help achieve for our clients.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join the program focusing on providing cultural support to Aboriginal young people aged 10-20 years who are engaged with the youth justice system or at risk of entering the system.
The program focuses on:
- Providing cultural support to Aboriginal young people on Youth Justice Orders and provide a high quality service.
- Support Aboriginal young people at risk of entering the Youth Justice system
- Develop and implement a range of programs and activities for Aboriginal young people including a combination of recreational, cultural, educational and other activities.
This in an Aboriginal Identified Position. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Relevant qualifications in social work, youth work, community services or related discipline is highly desired
We are also looking for people with:
- Ability to engage internally and externally for the right outcomes for clients
- Ability to engage with Aboriginal young people and conduct outreach support
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the local Aboriginal community, and young people in particular
The positions is paid at SCHADS Level 5 (Community Development) for a qualified person (at alternative SCHADS Level will be identified for non-qualified persons) and to further support successful applicants, Anglicare Victoria can also provide:
- Access to discounted private health insurance
- Access to EAP Support
- NFP Salary packaging of up to $15,900
- Technology and resources to support flexible working
- Training, development and ongoing support
A detailed Position Description is available here: PD_Aboriginal Youth Justice Worker Feb2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application and will also have the opportunity to include a cover letter to support your application and address the Key Selection Criteria.
For further enquiries contact Michelle Taranto on 5135 9555
Applications close 19th March 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Anglicare Victoria has an outstanding staff support networks in place including a state-wide Aboriginal Staff Network. This networks assist in developing and retaining Aboriginal staff and provides valuable cultural insights and spiritual support across the organisation.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.