Rapid Response Practitioner
Job no: 506157
Work type: Full Time
Location: Western Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- Bring your ideas and experience to support families and children impacted by trauma.
- Provide intensive, short-term intervention in the family home
- Full-time permanent role, based in Sunshine
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
We are currently seeking a Senior Practitioner with suitable experience in the area of child welfare and/or child and family support to join our Rapid Response team. Rapid Response is a placement prevention model which aims to preserve families and prevent children entering Out of Home Care due to a deterioration in parental capacity, mental health, alcohol or drug misuse, or where a family is impacted by traumatic events such as family violence, grief and loss, abuse or neglect. Families are provided with short-term intensive interventions, focused on increasing skills and knowledge required to demonstrate change and reduce the risk of harm to children and young people.
The program aims to preserve families using a tailored, holistic service response by ensuring families are also connected to appropriate services & supports once the service has concluded.
The successful applicant will:
- Provide intensive, short-term intervention in the family home at flexible times when families are most receptive to learning that may include early mornings and evenings.
- Conduct behaviourally specific, interactive and holistic assessment, which includes information of family strengths, problems, needs, values, skills and potential barriers to goal attainment.
- Use a variety of behavioural intervention strategies to facilitate behaviour change and employ a variety of teaching methods.
- Provide interventions that support families to achieve goal attainment, and avoid their children being removed and placed in Out of Home Care.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream.
- Demonstrated experience in Family Services, Child Protection, Family Violence, Alcohol and Drugs services or other related services working with vulnerable children, young people and families.
- Demonstrated experience working with high needs, complex families, utilizing a child focused family centred and trauma informed approach.
- Experience in parenting educational programs/approaches and familiarity with a wide range of theoretical approaches to understand the experience of children and families; including motivational interviewing and social inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders to reach the best outcomes for children, youth and families.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description: West Region - Family Practitioner Rapid Response Feb2021.docx.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Samantha Mellor, Team Leader on 0438 414 837
Applications close: Monday 8 March 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honor their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend