Family Services Practitioner
Job no: 506219
Work type: Part Time, Part Time Limited Tenure
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland, Regional Victoria – West
Categories: Family Services
- Enjoy the flexibility and security of a part-time ongoing role
- Located at Morwell
- Not for profit salary sacrificing benefits
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The role involves provision of an in-home family casework service that works in partnership with families with the aim of improving children’s well-being, parenting capacity and family resilience. This includes taking steps to reduce risks to children's safety and well-being and that of other family members, as well as working with families to empower them to manage their life situation and to take charge of their lives, including having a positive engagement with their community.
The program may also provide earlier intervention and deliver flexible and tailored support to families of children residing voluntarily in residential care, or children at risk of requiring care due to the child’s complex disability support needs.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Community Welfare, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream.
- An in depth understanding and commitment to working within the “Best Interest Principles” outlined in the Children Youth and Families Act 2005 and an ability to work collaboratively with other professionals in the best interest of the child
- A comprehensive understanding of the social context of child abuse and neglect combined with capability in engaging children and families experiencing multiple and complex needs including disability, family violence and AOD.
- Proven success conducting comprehensive child focused safety and well-being assessments and making sound judgments in relation to actions.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of individual and systemic theories and evidence based approaches that underpin effective, intensive, in-home family based interventions.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description: PD_Family Services Practitioner PT Feb2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application and attach your resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact: Josephine Stubbe on (03) 51369116
Applications close: Sunday 7 March 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend