Complex Disability Case Manager
Job no: 506579
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Northern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development
- SCHADS Level 5 with salary packaging available
- Full-time position until 30th June 2022
- Based at our Lalor office with flexible working available
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The program aims to support families who have children with complex disability support needs who are at risk of requiring care outside of the family home, or where the child resides outside of the family home and return to the home is the case plan objective.
A key focus of this role is to deliver flexible and tailored packages of support to build parental capacity and resilience, to help parents navigate the NDIS, and to advocate for plans that contain parenting and disability supports to help maintain the sustainability of care or support family reunification where possible.
While not exclusive, it is anticipated that many of the families supported by the program are likely to be those with children in the adolescent age group (10 – 18 years) who have:
- An intellectual disability and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder, and
- Severe challenging behaviours such as emotional dysregulation, hyperactivity, absconding, aggression towards parents and siblings, self-injury and poor sleep habits.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and / or related behavioural sciences at degree level or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the NDIS and the disability sector, specifically regarding NDIS planning, advocacy and an understanding of the range of services that support children who have a disability and their families.
- A strong understanding of issues facing families who have children with a disability and demonstrated experience working with families who have children with a disability, including skills in engagement and holistic assessment of needs and action planning.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to working within the Best Interest Principles outlined in the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005, including demonstrated resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma, violence or neglect.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders to reach the best outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office packages and other statistical databases. Excellent written and verbal communication, time management and organisational skills.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description PT_Complex Disability Case Manager_IFS_North_March 21.docx.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries please contact Jan Pfeiffer, Program Manager on 0408 053 196.
We would encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible as applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis. If we identify suitable applicants prior to the posted closing date of the advert we may close the position early.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend