Family Services Practitioner
Job no: 506969
Work type: Part Time Limited Tenure
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development, Family Services
- Part-time limited tenure until 20 May 2022 30.4 hrs/week
- Located at our Lilydale office
- The role has been classified as SCHADS Level 5 with Salary packaging available.
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The role involves the provision of an in-home family casework service, working in partnership with families with the aim of strengthening parenting capacity and family resilience. The work involves taking steps to reduce risks to children's safety and wellbeing and that of other family members, as well as working with families to empower them to manage their life situation and to take charge of their lives, including having a positive engagement with their community. The team sits within the broader Outer Eastern Family Services program and is part of a suite of services offered to vulnerable families.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with relevant experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialized skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- The ability to engage children, young people and their families;
- Highly developed assessment and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with families;
- An understanding of the social context of child abuse and neglect;
- Demonstrated understanding and application of individual and systemic theories that underpin casework practice;
- Sound understanding of Child Protection system and child welfare work and ability to liaise and negotiate with DHHS Child Protection in relation to addressing protective concerns for children.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD_ Family Services Practitioner _FS_FT_May 2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Angela Morris on 97356189
Applications close: 30 June 2021
We would encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible as applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis. If we identify suitable applicants prior to the posted closing date of the advert we may close the position early.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend