Community Engagement Worker
Job no: 507027
Work type: Part Time Limited Tenure
Location: Northern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development, Youth Services
- Part time fixed term position till 31 Dec 2021, 28 hours a week
- SCHADS Award Level 4 (Youth Worker Class 3) with salary packaging available
- The role is base in the Northern Suburbs
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Everything we do is to help support these outcomes and is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower.
Every position within the organisation is key to achieving these goals and each team member is as important as the next. We are often recognised as leaders in innovation, inclusivity, collaboration and support, making AV a great place to work for those who share our vision.
About this role:
This is an exciting fixed term opportunity for an experienced Youth Worker to participate in a newly developed project.
Community Engagement Workers will be deployed into existing residential care home to enhance the existing residential care system, with a focus on supporting young people to set goals, become more connected to the community, build life skills and develop aspirations for their future.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Youth Work, Social Work, Outdoor Education, Sport and Recreation, Community Services and/or related fields or a lesser qualification with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Relevant experience and competence in working with young people to set goals and achieve changes.
- Resilience and skill to engage and work with young people who have experienced trauma, violence and neglect.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to develop effective partnership and working relationships with external services.
- Demonstrated skills in working directly with young people to build their social, emotional and life skills.
Working With Us:
Anglicare Victoria are leaders in the industry, offering unrivalled career progression, professional development, training, support and a culture of inclusivity and resilience. This is backed up by our recognition as innovators, our Rainbow Tick Accreditation and a leadership team that are passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes.
As a NFP Organisation, employees also have access to discounted health insurance, free Employee Assistance, Salary Packaging and a range of other employment benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application and attach a current Resume. We would also encourage you to include a cover letter detailing why you feel you are right for this role.
A Position Description is available here: PD_Community Engagement Worker_NM_FT_May 2021.pdf
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend