Family Services Specialist Disability Practitioner
Job no: 507176
Work type: Part Time Limited Tenure
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development, Family Services
- Part-time, 30.4 hrs/week Limited tenure until 30 June 2022
- The Role is classified as Level 5 SCHADS with Salary packaging available
- This position is located at the Box Hill site
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Family Services Specialist Disability Practitioner role will assist vulnerable children and parents with disabilities to access disability supports and participate effectively in the NDIS. The role is also designed to build both disability and NDIS expertise across the Family Services system. The role has the responsibilities of supporting families with NDIS access and participation, and assisting families to navigate systems of disability support, including the NDIS, disability advocates, disability service providers and mainstream services. The role will also provide disability-related case consultations to the broader Family Services system within the Inner Eastern region, with the aim of supporting practitioners working in Family Services to maximise disability supports and improve outcomes available through the NDIS for families where there is a disability.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and / or related behavioural sciences at degree level or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream.
- Demonstrated experience and a strong knowledge of the NDIS and the disability sector, specifically regarding NDIS planning, advocacy and an understanding of the range of services that support children, young people and parents who have disabilities.
- A strong understanding of issues facing families where there is disability and demonstrated experience working with families who have children with a disability, including skills in engagement and holistic assessment of needs and action planning.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to working within the Best Interest Principles outlined in the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005, including demonstrated resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma, violence or neglect.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders to reach the best outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office packages and other statistical databases. Excellent written and verbal communication, time management and organisational skills.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply:
Detailed Position Description PD_Specialist FS Disability Practitioner_East_PT_May21.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Simone Ruscuklic on 9721 3688.
Applications close: close of business Thursday 17 June 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend