Family Services Specialist Disability Practitioner
Job no: 507251
Work type: Full Time Limited Tenure
Location: Northern Suburbs
Categories: Community Development, Family Services
- SCHADS Level 5 with salary packaging available
- Full-time position until 30th June 2022
- Based at our Broadmeadows office with flexible working available
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The Family Services Specialist Disability Practitioner role is a newly funded position by DFFH. It aims to assist vulnerable children and parents with disabilities to access disability supports and participate effectively in the NDIS. The role will support families with NDIS access and participation, and assist families to navigate systems of disability support, including the NDIS, disability advocates, disability service providers and mainstream services. The position will also enhance both disability and NDIS expertise across the Family Services system, by providing disability-related case consults to Family Services agencies within the Hume Moreland Child and Family Services Alliance.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and / or related behavioural sciences at degree level or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the NDIS and the disability sector, specifically regarding NDIS planning, advocacy and an understanding of the range of services that support children, young people and parents who have disabilities.
- A strong understanding of issues facing families where there is disability and demonstrated experience working with families who have children with a disability, including skills in engagement and holistic assessment of needs and action planning.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to working within the Best Interest Principles outlined in the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005, including demonstrated resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma, violence or neglect.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders to reach the best outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office packages and other statistical databases. Excellent written and verbal communication, time management and organisational skills.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description PD_HMFS_Specialist Disability Practitioner_ BM_June 21.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Rosie Downs on 0458 950 011
Applications close 30th June 2021
We would encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible as applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis. If we identify suitable applicants prior to the posted closing date of the advert we may close the position early.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend