After Hours Active Outreach Practitioner
Job no: 507279
Work type: Part Time
Location: Eastern Suburbs, Southern Suburbs
Categories: Residential Services, Out of Home Care
- 9 shifts per fortnight - 7 pm to 2 am
- Based in our Southern Region providing services across South, East Metro
- SCHADS Level 5 pay with excellent penalty rates and salary benefits
- Supportive and established team and management structure
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults.
Anglicare Victoria are the state’s largest provider of Out Of Home Care services. You will be part of a team and provide support to a large network of passionate and dedicated staff who provide safe and nurturing homes to young people from various backgrounds. We strive to create an environment where employees feel valued and rewarded, making Anglicare Victoria a great place to work.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, experienced and resilient, staff member to join our After Hour Service. You will work with a larger team to promote a consistent and considered approach to the provision of direct care to young people who reside in residential care and home based care, ensuring individual needs are met. The role includes active outreach after hours and includes support to residential houses, transport of young people, attendance at hospitals and police stations to support young people, and occasional cover of shifts.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- A relevant tertiary qualification which is recognized under the Residential Care Workforce Training Initiative, and a willingness to undertake top up training to meet the qualification requirements of the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care).
- Previous experience working with young people of all ages.
- The ability to work effectively with young people and to promote positive attributes and work towards planned change.
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to maintain best practice under challenging circumstances.
- The ability to work effectively with a team to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence, a Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
A detailed Position Description is available here: After Hours Service Active Outreach PD.pdf
For further information please contact Karen Graham email@example.com or Mark Huson Mark.Huson@anglicarevic.org.au
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as detailed on the PD.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend