Education Specialist (Teacher)
Job no: 507292
Work type: Part Time Limited Tenure
Location: Regional Victoria – Gippsland
- Opportunity to provide one on one teaching to vulnerable young people
- Work with an organisation that is making a difference
- Improve the life outcomes for young people
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
This role will support vulnerable young people to re-engage with education, improving retention and completion. You will be required to implement tailored educational programs to meet the individual needs of the young people. This includes providing intensive teaching in literacy and numeracy to enable the young people to reach their true potential.
You will be working closely with the young person’s school and wider care team which may include carers, case managers, school staff and other professionals.
You will also contribute to the development of the program and the TEACHaR network across the state.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A tertiary qualification in Education, current FULL VIT registration and experience as a teacher (minimum 5 years).
- The ability to develop and implement individual learning plans for children and young people who have experienced significant educational disruption and who present with complex psychological and social needs.
- Demonstrated experience in working with children and young people with complex needs, understanding how trauma affects learning.
- An ability to use educational assessment tools and data to inform planning and practice.
- The ability to thrive in a changing environment with competing priorities, to manage stressful situations, monitoring own stress levels and practicing and promoting self-care strategies.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
For a Detailed Position Description, PD_Education Specialist_TEACHaR_OuterGippsland June 2021.pdf
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Jodie Hayward on (03) 9721 3624 or Jodie.Hayward@anglicarevic.org.au
Applications close 23 June 2021
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend